Sunday, August 10, 2008

Assed from the Past

"If Dr. Seuss had an arse as painful as mine..." -- Yours Truly, circa 2002

I threw out all of my old High School notebooks (except for AP Bio, of course) tonight. While rifling through years' worth of old papers, I found this gem of poetry scribbled on the back of an AP Euro DBQ source document. Honestly, I surprise myself sometimes.

I set off down the hall
Interrupted by a balk.
I stumble but don't fall.
I'm limping when I walk.
My backside really aches --
It's stiff when I sit down.
It hurts, for goodness sake!
You wonder why I frown!
You wonder why I frown --
It hurts, for goodness sake!
It's stiff when I sit down,
My backside really aches.
I'm limping when I walk.
I stumble but don't fall.
Interrupted by a balk,
I set off down the hall.

2 comments:

Q said...

sometimes i really hate how completely incapable of writing I am...

PE_Feeds said...

me too