Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Wordless in Washington

"You dropped me off at the train station and put a kiss on top of my head. You watched me wave, you watched me wait. Then I went on home to my skyscrapers, neon lights and waiting papers that I call home. I call it home?" -- Brandi Carlile


First off, I salute you for finding the alt text; you're a smart one. Second of all, yes, I went to visit dwong and PMB in DC last weekend and, since words are an overrated form of communication, I decided to draw things instead of writing about them. Third, everyone should try wine made from raspberries at least once in their lives. Fourth, listen to the rest of the Song of the Day if you can -- it's called Hiding My Heart and it's both kickass and very dear to me. Fifth, I can't draw cars, hands, or faces in profile and I apologize for the atrocity.

Click here to enlarge.

4 comments:

Rutila said...

So cute (and hot dress)!

Ashley said...

Thank you! A friend of mine introduced me to that dress and now I own it in two colors ;)

Unknown said...

I feel like I'm missing a story here... Call me! Well, call me after Thursday when I'm finished with my anatomy exam.

Ashley said...

No story -- I just figured that every other person involved in this trip was going to "write" about it and wanted to do something different. (Though I totally got lazy halfway through inking these and left out four drawings... oops.) Good luck on your exam, and I'll certainly call!