Thursday, December 4, 2008
Crabby
"I'd freak out if I saw one of these on my trash can." -- Q
"If I saw one of these on my trash can, it can have it!" -- dwong
"If I saw one of these on my trash can, I'd knock it out with a shovel, cook it in butter and white wine, and invite both of you over for dinner.” -- me
"If I saw one of these on my trash can, I'd load it onto a giant slingshot and catapult it into the ocean." -- Meet
"Just kidding. I'd do what Ash did (and way to NOT invite me to your crab dinner, miss).” -- Meet
This all occurred on Google Reader in the middle of our workday. After a bout of laughter so intense that I began to cry (and had to excuse myself from clinic to wash the rivulets of runny eyeliner off my face), I did some research on our garbage-diving friend. It's called a coconut crab, it's the largest known land-dwelling arthropod, and because it dines on coconut flesh, it allegedly tastes like coconut. Sounds delicious, but since it's on the verge of being considered an endangered species, we'll have to hold off on that crab dinner for now.
Labels:
Food,
Mundanities
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I dreamt last night of the crab going "nom nom nom" to the trash can.
I need a vacation...
new layout! fun!!
Thanks! I'm still working out the colors, though -- I was too tired to go and pull hex codes from the banner graphic last night!
Post a Comment