Sunday, March 8, 2009

Renaissance

"I could be wholesome, I could be loathsome... I guess I'm a little bit shy. Why don't you like me?! Why don't you like me without making me try?" -- Mika

"We finally did meet, and let me tell you -- we loved the first and last kind of love. I was perfect for her soul."
"I was perfect for his heart."
"And together, we are perfect apart." -- Pat Monahan and Brandi Carlile

"Hey Stephen, I could give you fifty reasons why I should be the one you choose. All those other girls? Well, they're beautiful... but would they write a song for you? Ha!" -- Taylor Swift

Those three quotes started off three blog entries I started writing and couldn't bring myself to finish. Put together, I think they relate the story I was trying to tell better than my words ever could.

Anynotoveritway, I indulged in one of my favorite hobbies yesterday: I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art with a sketchbook, some pencils, a camera, and a friend, and we spent the whole day getting lost there. Most of the American Wing was closed, security guards were uncharacteristically miserable, and the place was packed with tourists, but it was still a lovely day. I also got free admission by flashing my college ID, which didn't work when I actually WAS a college student.

I didn't get a lot of drawing done – I planned to arrive at the museum two hours earlier than my friend to make myself some time to sketch, but thanks to weekend subway service changes, I ran late and she ran early. I think Athene looks good half-finished, though, and since one tourist asked if she could take a picture of me with it, I guess someone else thought so, too.


1 comment:

Rutila said...

Everyone has half-finished posts that never go anywhere/where you wanted them to go. Glad to hear your college ID is still working; I'm afraid to be hit by lightning if I attempt to use mine for discounts.