Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Proper Tee of the Half-Blood Prince

"Who blacked your eye, Granger? I want to send them flowers." -- Draco Malfoy

Two years ago this month, my friends and I waited on line for our copies of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows dressed in outfits specially chosen for the occasion. One of my companions wore a cloak, Gryffindor scarf, and prefect badge while another sported an "I Heart Ron" t-shirt. My style has always been a bit more understated, though, so in honor of my favorite character, I fastened my hair back with a Slytherin necktie and wore a simple grey t-shirt with the words "Property of the Half-Blood Prince" calligraphed in scrollwork across the front.

In preparation for this week's release of the film version of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, I decided to dig up my old t-shirt. Problem was, I couldn't find it. Anywhere. That turned out to be an easily rectifiable problem, though.

First, I dug this old, faded, $7 H&M tank top out of my closet...












Then I attacked it with a black Sharpie...





Then I drenched it in a pot of black fabric dye.








Here's the end result:






























See you in the theaters this weekend.

No comments: